Boeing Gains FAA Approval to Fly Advanced Navigation Procedures on 787
- Services available to help customers with RNP AR application process
Boeing [NYSE: BA] has received FAA approval to fly Required Navigation Performance - Authorization Required (RNP AR) procedures on the 787 fleet. Operators that fly RNP AR procedures significantly reduce fuel burn, emissions and airport congestion by flying precisely along a predefined route using advanced on-board navigation systems together with GPS-based global navigation satellite systems. As an FAA-approved RNP application service provider, Boeing can now offer 787 customers full support as they apply for approval to use RNP AR procedures on their fleets.
"This approval enables us to help Boeing customers realize the full potential of their 787s," said Mike Caflisch, director, Airspace Programs, Boeing Digital Aviation, Commercial Aviation Services. "Our extensive experience in obtaining RNP AR operational approvals allows us to help customers move through the rigorous RNP AR operational approval process more efficiently, giving them a competitive advantage in the marketplace. In the long run, all industry stakeholders benefit as more airlines derive fuel and operating efficiencies via RNP, the overall efficiency of global air traffic improves and the environmental footprint is reduced."
Commercial Aircraft Leasing
Boeing can now offer a complete, end-to-end RNP solution by combining its expertise in RNP AR application development and approved training with its experience in the design and implementation of new RNP flight procedures, navigation database validation and RNP availability prediction.
Achieving regulatory approval requires an airplane operator to demonstrate that they have:
- Airplanes equipped to fly narrow, GPS-guided RNP AR flight procedures, requiring accuracy down to as little as one-tenth of a nautical mile
- Training in place for flight crews and dispatchers
- The ability to ensure sufficient GPS coverage for the planned route at the planned date and time (RNP availability prediction)
- Flight crew operating procedures
- The ability to ensure that RNP navigation charts and databases are accurate and current (navigation database validation)
- Flight procedures designed and in place.
Boeing RNP AR application services are already available to operators of Next-Generation 737s, Boeing Business Jets and 777s.
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA)
May 14, 2015 - Singapore, Singapore
Jun 24 - 25, 2015 - Prague, Czech Republic
May 15, 2015 - Singapore, Singapore