KONGSBERG successfully completes fit check of JSM in internal carriage bay of the F-35 JSF Aircraft
KONGSBERG and Lockheed Martin have completed a fit check of the Joint Strike Missile (JSM) in the internal carriage bay of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) aircraft.
This test follows just four weeks after the JSM conducted a fit check on the external pylons.
Global Anti-Tank Missile System Market 2016-2020
As part of this second fit check, the JSM was loaded into the JSF's internal carriage bay and conducted a series of tests to prove the physical characteristic of the JSM complies with the requirements for internal carriage.
"JSM is a true fifth generation missile. The first long-range, stealthy and passive, sea- and land target precision strike missile developed for the JSF. The combined capability of the JSF and JSM provides JSF users with unique and innovative strike capabilities”, says Harald Ånnestad, President Kongsberg Defence Systems.
About the Joint Strike Missile
JSM is designed as a long-range, low-observable stand-off weapon able to engage both land and naval targets. It has been specifically engineered for internal carriage on the F-35A and F-35C variants of JSF to enable the aircraft to maintain its stealth characteristics.
- High probability of penetrating air defense systems through a combination of capabilities such as low radar signature, super sea-skim, variable speed, range and high-g maneuvers.
- Automated Target Recognition with Imaging target seeker for discrimination between red, white and blue ships.
- Advanced engagement planning system which exploits the geography in the area of operations.
- Target library including hit-point, fuze setting and optimal end-game.
- A two-way networking data link will provide Target Update, Re-Targeting, Mission abort and Bomb Hit Indication (BHI)
Source : Kongsberg Gruppen