Boeing Begins Move to New Building Complex in Huntsville
- Redstone Gateway facility to house 1,400 employees
- Consolidation reflects defense unit's cost-competitiveness efforts
Boeing [NYSE: BA] and Alabama leaders today officially opened a new complex in Huntsville that will advance Boeing’s competitiveness and strengthen the company’s commitment to the state.
Boeing is the largest aerospace company in Alabama and one of the state's largest employers. Huntsville employees in leased facilities have begun moving into the first completed building of the Redstone Gateway complex, which is expected to house 1,400 Boeing employees in 363,000 square feet of space.
Global Missiles and Missile Defense Systems Industry 2016 Market Research Report
“This is more than a new Boeing-owned office complex – today is a celebration of the investment Boeing has made in the ideas, innovation and inspiration rooted right here in Huntsville,” Tony Jones, vice president and Boeing Huntsville site executive, said at a ribbon-cutting ceremony that included state and local leaders and customer representatives.
The complex will be used for Boeing’s work on NASA’s Space Launch System and headquarters for the company’s Strategic Missile and Defense Systems division.
“Boeing is both a top employer in Huntsville and an important community partner,” said Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle. “Just last year, we celebrated the dedicated partnership Boeing has had with our community over the last 50 years, and today’s ribbon cutting is another sign that Boeing is committed to the Huntsville community. Boeing exemplifies what it means to be a good corporate steward and civic partner.”
Employees will move into the complex’s second building later this year and the third in early 2014. Boeing will continue operating from the company-owned Jetplex location in Huntsville.
Current Boeing Huntsville programs include:
- Missile defense: Ground-based Midcourse Defense, Standard Missile-3 Block IIB, Arrow Weapon System, Avenger, and Patriot Advanced Capability-3 seeker.
- NASA: design and development of the new Space Launch System core stage and avionics, and support to the International Space Station.
- Support: Rotorcraft Support and engineering support for commercial and commercial-derivative airplanes.
With innovative and affordable capabilities, Boeing in Huntsville is a low cost, high tech center of excellence.
Source : The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA)
Mar 29 - 30, 2017 - London, United Kingdom
Mar 7 - 8, 2017 - Prague, Czech Republic