L-3 WESCAM Successfully Completes 30-Day Flight Demonstrations of Newly Launched MX Designator Systems
- L-3 WESCAM Successfully Completes 30-Day Flight Demonstrations of Newly Launched MXTM Designator Systems
L-3 WESCAM announced today the successful in- service demonstrations of its MXTM-Series of designator systems at the U.S. Army’s Yuma Proving Ground in Arizona. Demonstrations of the MX-10D, MX-15D, MX-25D and MX-RSTA systems were conducted over a 30-day period on over four different aircraft and one ground vehicle. Operational hours spent on the trials totaled 100.
“This extensive effort was fully funded and executed by L-3 WESCAM as a risk-reduction effort for various customers in response to constrained budgets in the current economic climate,” said Paul Jennison, vice president of government sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. “During these times, L-3 WESCAM remains committed to product evolution in support of the war against terror and our warfighters deployed globally.”
LiDAR Market - Global Forecast to 2020
The tests and demonstrations conducted were:
- MX-10D gunfire and designation testing from an MD540 helicopter firing an FN HMP 400 .50 cal machine gun
- MX-10D gunfire and designation testing from an MD500E firing an M134 mini-gun in both single- and dual-firing configurations
- MX-10D, MX-15D and MX-25D integration and testing of two weapon control systems from an MD500E helicopter and a C208 Caravan
- MX-25D designating from two Hellfire missiles shot from an AH-64D Apache Longbow helicopter
MX-RSTA testing and demonstration in environmental conditions similar to those in Afghanistan
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : L-3 Wescam
Jun 24 - 25, 2015 - Prague, Czech Republic