Airbus and THAI to develop strategic maintenance training partnership in Thailand
- Sharing Airbus experience on long term basis for the benefit of our customers
Airbus and Thai Airways International (THAI) have signed an agreement for Maintenance Training Collaboration to develop a long term strategic partnership. As part of this, THAI would become Airbus' local maintenance training centre in the region and will initially provide maintenance type-training capabilities for A320 and A330. This partnership, based in Bangkok, is aimed at developing the training capabilities locally, based on respective strengths and assets of THAI and Airbus. The scope of such collaboration will include the following:
- Integration of THAI's instructors into Airbus' global maintenance training organisation;
- Enabling of EASA 147 approval in Thailand for type and basic maintenance training;
- Providing Airbus type rating for 'B1' & 'B2' (mechanical and avionics) certifying staff;
- Providing Airbus Training Media, courseware and course curriculum for trainees;
- Conducting examinations for candidates in accordance with Airbus standards.
Flt. Lt. Montree Jumrieng, Executive Vice President of THAI Technical Department says: "THAI's collaboration with Airbus in training comes as a customer-focussed shared vision, reducing training expenses while providing the high quality training and latest technologies of an aircraft manufacturer." He adds: "This partnership with Airbus will enable us to upgrade our training facilities, instructors and processes by introducing Airbus' Maintenance Training Organization to THAI."
Didier Lux, Executive Vice President of Airbus Customer Services says: "We very much look forward to this maintenance training partnership with THAI. The in-depth technical experience which THAI has accumulated with our full range of aircraft makes it the ideal partner for this initiative." He adds: "We will work together to achieve full EASA certification for THAI, enabling the airline to offer an extensive range of maintenance training services to operators and MROs throughout the region, to Airbus' high standards."
Global Military Aviation MRO Market 2015-2019
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : Airbus, an EADS N.V. company (Paris: EAD.PA)
Aug 31 - Sep 2, 2015 - Springfield, United States