Rockwell Collins expands presence in the Middle East
- showcases battlespace solutions at IDEX 2013
Rockwell Collins, a world leading provider of innovative and trusted solutions for the battlespace, is expanding its presence in the Middle East.
“We currently employ 300 people in the region for program management, systems engineering, field service support and business development and we are forming new strategic partnerships to further reinforce customer support,” said Claude Alber, vice president and managing director for Europe, the Middle East and Africa for Rockwell Collins. “Our goal is to provide integrated and customized capabilities with superior life cycle service solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers in the Middle East region.”
Global Military Satellite Market 2014-2024
During IDEX 2013, Rockwell Collins will showcase a wide range of advanced technology solutions that give forces the best advantage. Journalists are invited to our exhibit (Stand O2-B06) to find out how we are enhancing interoperability, situational awareness and mission effectiveness. Rockwell Collins representatives will also be available to discuss our extensive rotary wing and avionics upgrade offerings.
Demonstrations and displays on the Rockwell Collins exhibit include:
Networking for joint fires – Rockwell Collins offers an integrated solution that facilitates the decision cycle for joint fires with a common operating picture and shared situational awareness between land, sea and airborne forces. As part of this solution, Rockwell Collins will showcase:
FireStorm™, a combat proven modular targeting system with unrivaled accuracy, interoperable with virtually all coalition aircraft, field artillery systems and command-and-control center battle managers.
Based on our Rosetta Joint Fires digital targeting software, FireStorm offers mapping and imagery tools to present situational awareness and targeting data to users, enabling them to generate target locations and transmit them to Joint Fires assets.
With more than 360 FireStorm systems in operation around the world and having been selected by seven nations, FireStorm prosecutes targets on first strike, saving weapons, time and cost.
Communications and Navigation
- TacNet™ Tactical Radio (TTR) – The smallest, lightest, longest range and most interoperable, small form factor terminal in the market today to achieve battlefield Link 16 connectivity.
- Suitcase® CCT90 satellite communication system –The Suitcase CCT90 is part of a modular, tri-band (X, Ku, Ka) family of mobile SATCOM terminals including “Drive-Away,” “Suitcase” and “Fly-Away,” configurations for all operational needs and data throughput requirements. These systems are quick to install, easy to use and cost effective with common transceivers and network processors and user interface, and field interchangeable parts such as antennas, transceivers and modems.
- MicroDAGR handheld GPS receiver in Arabic version – The MicroDAGR is the latest-generation GPS receiver available, which serves as a supplement to Rockwell Collins’ highly successful Defense Advanced GPS Receiver (DAGR). It brings together the best commercial technologies with the security needed to meet standards, and the durability needed to survive the most rugged battlefield conditions.
- MicroGRAM GPS receiver – The smallest, lightest and lowest power GPS receiver available today with security (SAASM, L1/L2). This receiver can fit in a variety of lightweight portable electronics, small UAVs, unattended sensors, unmanned ground vehicles or be attached to a soldier’s radio, to combine navigation and communications capabilities into one device.
Simulation and Training Solutions – Customers turn to Rockwell Collins for solutions to their most complex training problems. By leveraging the company’s strengths in avionics and targeting systems development and training systems design, Rockwell Collins delivers integrated solutions that span the entire training continuum, from instructional systems design through fully integrated, high-fidelity simulators to full training solutions. Rockwell Collins utilizes state-of-the-art technologies, including Live, Virtual, Constructive scenarios ensuring that our flexible strategic approach, coupled with our integration expertise, results in customer satisfaction.
FlexForce™ life cycle service solution – Rockwell Collins recently launched its FlexForce™ life cycle service solution, a comprehensive program for defense and government agencies worldwide that brings together multiple service offerings from the company. Rockwell Collins works closely with the customer to share risk and provide transparency in repair and supply chain on Performance Based Agreements. The end result is a service solution that meets each customer’s unique operational requirements, including enhanced efficiencies and cost savings.
Source : Rockwell Collins, Inc. (NYSE: COL)
Dec 2 - 3, 2014 - Arlington, United States
Nov 25 - 27, 2014 - Doha, Qatar
Dec 2 - 3, 2014 - Rome, Italy