Embraer Legacy 500 completes successful 1st flight with Pro Line Fusion avionics
Rockwell Collins today announced that its Pro Line Fusion® advanced avionics successfully completed the first test flight on the Embraer Executive Jets’ Legacy 500 mid-size business jet. The flight occurred at Embraer’s headquarters in Sấo José dos Campos, Brazil.
“This flight brings us one step closer to delivering the best available cockpit technology to Embraer Executive Jets and its global customer base,” said Greg Irmen, vice president and general manager, Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins. “The Legacy 450/500 program is a great source of pride for our company as we strengthen our presence in Brazil, one of the fastest growing aviation markets in the world.”
Air Traffic Control Equipment Market 2013 - 2019
Irmen added, “I congratulate the entire Embraer and Rockwell Collins team on this significant accomplishment.”
The highly intuitive Legacy 500 flight deck includes the following standard Pro Line Fusion features:
- Four high resolution 15-inch diagonal LCD displays with high-resolution synthetic vision depiction of terrain and obstacles
- Advanced human-machine interface including graphical flight planning capability
- Integrated Flight Information Systems (IFIS) with electronic charts, enhanced maps and document reader
- Dual advanced Flight Management Systems (FMS) with Wide Area Augmentation System Localizer Precision Vertical (WAAS/LPV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP) capabilities
- Traffic Surveillance System with Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) capabilities
- Networked capability enabling interoperability with Rockwell Collins’ Ascend to synchronize the aircraft and ground systems for database and maintenance updates
Optional features include:
- Rockwell Collins’ award-winning MultiScan™ Threat Detection System, which provides optimal, clutter-free weather information that improves situational awareness
- Surface Management System (SMS) to provide surface situational awareness at airports around the world
- Link 2000+ Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) to enhance operational efficiency with electronic messaging
First deliveries of the aircraft are expected to begin in early 2014.
Pro Line Fusion features a pilot-selectable display format that enables extensive situational awareness and adapts to future technology and airspace requirements. It is the only avionics system scalable to meet the mission needs of the full range of business aircraft, from turboprops to intercontinental business aircraft to the most sophisticated regional jets, and military aircraft.
Source : Rockwell Collins, Inc. (NYSE: COL)
Dec 2 - 3, 2014 - Rome, Italy