Honeywell Provides Cost-Saving Logistics Support For USAF F-15 Fleet
- Honeywell and USAF to partner in support of the F-15 Secondary Power System
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has been awarded a contract modification from the U.S. Air Force to provide depot maintenance support for the F-15's secondary power system (SPS). Work will be performed under Public-Private Partnership (P3) with the Hill Air Force Base Depot Workforce in Utah through January 2020.
Installed on every F-15 worldwide, the SPS provides two main functions: power for engine starting and power to aircraft accessories once the engines are self-sustaining. The SPS consists of the Jet Fuel Starter (JFS), two hydraulic accumulators, a central gearbox (CGB) and left/right Airframe Mounted Accessory Drives (AMADs).
Global Database of the Top 1000 Aircraft Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Execu...
F-15 Program Benefits
Honeywell's logistics support introduces commercial repair practices at the depot to help reduce repair costs and improve depot productivity on the SPS. Honeywell's performance-based logistics (PBL) programs have historically shown significant reduction in repair costs for both commercial and military systems, enabling:
- Improved availability and reliability
- Lower maintenance cost
- Lower inventory
- Improved first-pass yield (acceptance test rate) of repaired units
- Improved OEM technical support at the depot via on-site Field Service Engineering
- Development of new repairs and sharing of commercial repair practices
- Improved organic depot repair capability using industry-leading Lean processes to reduce inventory and improve repair turnaround
- Increased system and component time-on-wing, enabling improved overall platform availability
This contract represents a potential value of up to $355 million through January 2020. The contract amendment, known as Secondary Power Logistics Solution (SPLS)-II, is an extension of the existing Air Force SPLS-I contract signed in 2007 to provide depot-level logistics services and maintenance for SPS components on the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber, C-130 Hercules transport and ground carts.
Brian Sill, Vice President of Defense Americas Aftermarket, Defense & Space, Honeywell Aerospace
"We're focused on ensuring the ongoing operational readiness of the Air Force F-15 fleet. This contract will enable a higher level of performance, reliability and logistics support for this vital aircraft fleet serving American and foreign militaries around the world."
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : Honeywell International, Inc. (NYSE: HON)
Jun 1 - 4, 2015 - Washington, United States
Aug 31 - Sep 2, 2015 - Washington, United States