Honeywell Provides Cost-Saving Logistics Support For USAF F-15 Fleet
- Honeywell and USAF to partner in support of the F-15 Secondary Power System
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has been awarded a contract modification from the U.S. Air Force to provide depot maintenance support for the F-15's secondary power system (SPS). Work will be performed under Public-Private Partnership (P3) with the Hill Air Force Base Depot Workforce in Utah through January 2020.
Installed on every F-15 worldwide, the SPS provides two main functions: power for engine starting and power to aircraft accessories once the engines are self-sustaining. The SPS consists of the Jet Fuel Starter (JFS), two hydraulic accumulators, a central gearbox (CGB) and left/right Airframe Mounted Accessory Drives (AMADs).
Global Military and Civil Aircraft Industry 2016 Market Research Report
F-15 Program Benefits
Honeywell's logistics support introduces commercial repair practices at the depot to help reduce repair costs and improve depot productivity on the SPS. Honeywell's performance-based logistics (PBL) programs have historically shown significant reduction in repair costs for both commercial and military systems, enabling:
- Improved availability and reliability
- Lower maintenance cost
- Lower inventory
- Improved first-pass yield (acceptance test rate) of repaired units
- Improved OEM technical support at the depot via on-site Field Service Engineering
- Development of new repairs and sharing of commercial repair practices
- Improved organic depot repair capability using industry-leading Lean processes to reduce inventory and improve repair turnaround
- Increased system and component time-on-wing, enabling improved overall platform availability
This contract represents a potential value of up to $355 million through January 2020. The contract amendment, known as Secondary Power Logistics Solution (SPLS)-II, is an extension of the existing Air Force SPLS-I contract signed in 2007 to provide depot-level logistics services and maintenance for SPS components on the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber, C-130 Hercules transport and ground carts.
Brian Sill, Vice President of Defense Americas Aftermarket, Defense & Space, Honeywell Aerospace
"We're focused on ensuring the ongoing operational readiness of the Air Force F-15 fleet. This contract will enable a higher level of performance, reliability and logistics support for this vital aircraft fleet serving American and foreign militaries around the world."
Source : Honeywell International, Inc. (NYSE: HON)
Mar 20 - 23, 2017 - Singapore, Singapore