Honeywell Awarded $181 M Navy Contract For PBL And Maintenance Program
- Honeywell to continue decade-long performance-based logistics support program for F/A-18, P-3 and C-2 aircraft
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has been awarded a follow-on five-year contract, worth $181 million, from the NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support (WSS) to provide logistics support for auxiliary power units (APUs) for F/A-18 A-G (including F/A-18 Australian F/G models), P-3, C-2, as well as F/A-18 main fuel controls (MFC) and the P-3 engine-driven compressor (EDC).
Honeywell, under Public-Private Partnership (P3) with the depot workforce at the U.S. Navy's Fleet Readiness Center-East at Cherry Point, N.C., and FRC-Southeast Jacksonville, Fla., has supported multiple products, including APUs, on Navy applications for NAVSUP WSS via a unique Performance-Based Logistics (PBL) program since 2000. Since the program's inception, military operators have enjoyed marked improvement in logistics support including $50 million in savings through:
Global Military Support Vehicles Market 2015-2019
- Sustained 97 percent or greater on-time delivery of products to the field
- Significantly increased time on wing for all products, with improved overall platform availability
- Elimination of intermediate-level aircraft maintenance tasks due to improved reliability and service implementation
- Utilization of highly skilled FRC depot artisans
- Introduction of new component repairs and sharing of commercial repair practices, thereby improving depot productivity and reducing consumption of new material
- On-site Honeywell technical and materials management support at depot, resulting in improved materials management processes and reduction of on-hand Defense Logistics Agency inventory
Honeywell's Logistics Expertise
Honeywell has a long-standing history of providing efficient logistics support programs for both commercial and military operators. This follow-on contract enables the Navy to continue to use Honeywell's PBL experience to drive additional efficiencies and cost-savings at the Department of Defense.
Brian Sill, Vice President of Defense Americas Aftermarket, Defense & Space, Honeywell Aerospace
"Honeywell has a long-standing history of logistics support with NAVSUP, and we've shown that our initiatives have improved reliability and availability of aircraft for the Navy, while lowering maintenance costs by over $50 million. With this new contract, we will continue to provide the Navy with the same experience it has enjoyed over the previous decade and continue to help lower the overall cost of sustainment of these aircraft fleets."
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : Honeywell International, Inc. (NYSE: HON)
Nov 29 - 30, 2016 - Florence, Italy
Nov 14 - 17, 2016 - Phoenix, United States