Embraer Highlights Super Tucano Capabilities at Air Force Association Convention
Embraer Defense and Security this week at the annual Air Force Association convention in Washington, DC highlighted the capabilities and advantages of its A-29 Super Tucano, a cost-effective, battle-proven, sleek and powerful turboprop aircraft designed for multiple combat and ISR roles.
The Super Tucano is a clean sheet design and built from the ground up for the counterinsurgency and light air support mission. Embraer recently selected Boeing Defense, Space & Security to provide integration of JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition) and SDB (Small Diameter Bombs) for the A-29. These developments bring additional capabilities to the Super Tucano that could meet future customer requirements. Boeing direct attack weapons are combat-proven and in inventory with the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, and 27 international military customers.
Defense Expenditure in Ukraine to 2018: Market Review
The Super Tucano’s airpower agility and value proposition is the result of years of advances in technology, design innovation and demonstrated capability. Air forces around the world have logged more than 157,000 flight hours in operation, including 23,000 combat hours, with no combat losses. More than 100 U.S. companies in more than 20 states provide parts or services for the Super Tucano.
Facts about the Embraer A-29 Super Tucano:
- A production aircraft – more than 180 ordered and over 160 built and delivered
- Operational today performing ISR and security missions around the globe
- Selected by 10 clients around the world
- Certified for more than 130 munitions configurations
- Features open-architecture avionics
- Provides significant room for growth
- Proven low operating costs – 84 percent fleet availability; 99 percent fleet mission effectiveness
- Buy American Act compliant; 86 percent of the dollar value of the Super Tucano comes from components supplied by U.S. companies or countries that qualify under the Buy American Act.
Source : Embraer - Empresa Brasileira de Aeronautica S.A. (NYSE: ERJ)