Turbomeca Renews the MCO (Global Support Package) Contract With French Government
- Covering the Engines Powering Their Helicopters
Turbomeca (Safran group) has renewed the “MCO” (Global Support Package) contract, entitled MCO 2*, with the French Government. Turbomeca undertakes, under the terms of this contract, to ensure availability of the 1,408 turbo-shaft engines equipping French Government helicopters for a 10-year period. These helicopters are used for military and paragovernmental missions of the French Air Force (Armée de l’Air), Army (Armée de Terre), Navy (Marine Nationale), Police (Gendarmerie), Civil Security (Sécurité Civile) and DGA (French Defense Procurement Agency) - Flight testing.
The main services included in MCO 2 are as follows:
The Global Military Aircraft Engines Market 2016-2026
- overhaul and repair of engines and accessories
- on-site technical support
- supply of spares
- implementation of a stock of fungible parts and accessories
- user training in equipment maintenance
- supply of maintenance documentation
Olivier Andriès, Turbomeca Chairman & CEO was delighted: "The MCO 1 contract was exemplary with maximized availability for our engines. We are proud of the renewed confidence of the French Government in our capability to support the fleets of the French Army and French Government services."
* The first contract, MCO 1, was signed in 2001 with the DGA.
Source : Safran S.A. (Paris: SAF.PA)
Sep 28 - 30, 2016 - Washington, United States
Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2016 - USB Drive, Windows Computer