New Air Astana aircraft to feature Rockwell Collins' Multi-Mode Receiver for more precise navigation
Air Astana airlines has selected a number of Rockwell Collins’ advanced avionics, including its GLU-925 Multi-Mode Receiver (MMR), for six new Airbus A320/321 aircraft.
Rockwell Collins' market-leading GLU-925 MMR enables airlines and operators to take advantage of evolving Required Navigation Performance (RNP)/Area Navigation (RNAV) and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) capabilities. Rockwell Collins’ MMR fulfills the requirements for aircraft navigation position source, Category III Instrument Landing System (ILS), Category I Global Positioning Landing System (GLS), accessing RNP/RNAV airspace (down to RNP Authorization Required 0.1), and it meets the GPS position and availability requirements for ADS-B Out mandates.
Battlefield Management Systems Market - Forecast & Analysis 2014 - 2019
Air Astana also selected the following Rockwell Collins avionics:
- ADF-900 Automatic Direction Finder
- AOC Data Link Interpreter and Database
- CPL-920D High Frequency Digital Antenna Coupler
- DME-900 Distance Measuring Equipment
- HFS-900D High Speed Data Radio
- LRA-900 Low-range Radio Altimeter
- VHF-2100 Very High Frequency Transceiver
- VOR-900 VHF Omnidirectional Radio
Deliveries of Air Astana’s new Airbus fleet are expected to begin in November.
Source : Rockwell Collins, Inc. (NYSE: COL)
Sep 29 - Oct 1, 2014 - Rome, Italy
Nov 25 - 27, 2014 - Doha, Qatar