Cisco and Thales Target Global Defense and Security Market
- Cisco Strengthens Relations With Global Security, Defense and Aerospace Specialist
Cisco and Thales, a global technology leader with a unique capability to provide equipment, systems solutions and services that meet the most complex security requirements for defense and security, aerospace and transportation markets, today announced a new partnership to address the global defense and security market.
The new agreement will combine Thales' global industry expertise with Cisco® networking and communications innovations, expand the collaboration globally and accelerate joint go-to-market activities and solution development. The expanded collaboration is built on a long-standing relationship between the two companies in the European market.
Global Information Security Consulting Market Research Report 2017
The Cisco-Thales collaboration will encompass a number of strategic initiatives, including:
- Development of Thales solutions based on a range of Cisco technologies
- Jointly addressing key defense and security market opportunities such as mobile routing or broadband evolution of radio networks
- Joint go-to-market activities, closely coordinated at both global and country level
- Cisco will provide Thales with an extensive range of standard networking equipment and infrastructure, complemented by industry leading networking design and engineering expertise from Cisco Services.
- Cisco will also utilize its rigorous sales and technology training programs, such as Cisco Sales Expert and Cisco Vertical Solutions Architect, to enable Thales global sales and engineering teams.
- Thales will become a Cisco Global Specialty Integrator, allowing Thales to embed Cisco technologies into its own systems and solutions in all geographies, where a strong resilience and high quality of networking services is required.
- The designation will also enable Thales to partner directly with Cisco globally and resell select networking technology and collaborate in the development of new solutions.
Source : Cisco