ITT Exelis to showcase leading defense technologies at Farnborough Air Show
ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) will showcase its industry-leading defense technologies at the 2012 Farnborough Air Show, in Farnborough, Hampshire, U.K., July 9-15.
This marks the company’s first appearance at Farnborough as ITT Exelis, following its spin-off from ITT Corporation in October 2011. As a standalone company, Exelis is more agile in anticipating customers’ evolving needs and in providing affordable capabilities and ready-now, high-technology solutions to military, government and commercial customers around the world. Exelis is a leader in networked communications; sensors; air, sea and ground electronic warfare; composites; air traffic solutions; information and cyber solutions; space and C4ISR (command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance).
Global Military Vetronics Industry 2015 Market Research Report
“Farnborough brings interested customers and partners from all around the world to one location; this is a unique opportunity for us to bring our innovative and ready-now technologies to this large, diverse market,” said Bob Durbin, vice president of Exelis Government Relations. “A top priority for us is to proactively help our customers by identifying problems and providing affordable, mission-critical solutions. We work closely with our customers and partners to address their evolving needs and today’s global security challenges.”
Exelis key technologies for the show will come from electronic warfare, radar and reconnaissance, and geospatial systems, to include:
- AIDEWS (Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite) that provides electronic warfare self-protection for a growing number of international F-16 aircraft.
- Upgraded electronic warfare system (ALQ-136) providing situational awareness for the AH-64 Apache helicopter.
- WAPS (Wide-Area Persistent Surveillance) solutions, offering real-time collection of imagery and motion imagery to store, access and disseminate across a broad range of networks.
- Aircraft structural composites used in a broad range of military and commercial aircraft.
- Coastal surveillance systems that fill gaps between long-range air surveillance radars and short-range tracking radars, ensuring a comprehensive coastal defense surveillance net.
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : ITT Exelis
Aug 29 - 31, 2016 - Tampa, United States
Oct 24 - 25, 2016 - Prague, Czech Republic