AMETEK Aerospace & Defense Standardizes MRO Operations in France with Quantum Control
Component Control announced today that global customer AMETEK Aerospace & Defense’s MRO Division is continuing the rollout of Quantum Control to include its Antavia business in France. Scheduled for completion this summer, this facility will be the fifth AMETEK MRO implementation with Quantum Control since rollout began in 2010.
AMETEK’s MRO Division locations running Quantum include High Standard Aviation (HSA) in Miami, FL, Muirhead Avionics and AEM, both based in the United Kingdom, and its Singapore MRO business.
Global Naval Vessels MRO Industry 2016 Market Research Report
“Our goal is to standardize our MRO operations to improve process control and efficiencies, and provide economies of scale as we grow our business in both volume and geography,” said Stewart Douglas, Vice President, IT, for AMETEK Aerospace & Defense. “With this additional location, we’re further streamlining our operations across Europe and broadening our real-time visibility into global MRO operations. AMETEK will install Quantum at three further global facilities before the full rollout is complete.”
The Quantum Control MRO and Logistics solution installed at AMETEK operates on a highly scalable and secure Oracle™ database and includes a range of logistics and business modules. For more information on the specific modules purchased by AMETEK, please see appendix one below.
About AMETEK Aerospace & Defense
In addition to aviation MRO services, AMETEK Aerospace & Defense is a leading supplier of engine and aircraft monitoring systems, power generation and distribution systems, data acquisition units, fuel and fluid measurement systems, engine and airframe sensors, cables, harness assemblies, avionics blowers, fans, and heat transfer and cooling systems. It is a unit of AMETEK, Inc. (NYSE: AME), a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of more than $3 billion. For more information, go to www.ametekaerodefense.com.
About Component Control
Component Control, based in San Diego, Calif., is a leading developer and provider of MRO and Logistics Software solutions for the aviation industry. Its core product, Quantum Control, provides advanced aviation management support to original equipment manufacturers, aftermarket service divisions, component repair and overhaul companies, fixed base operators, aircraft completion centers, airlines, MRO facilities, and part distribution / redistribution companies. Quantum is installed in over 50 countries and can be deployed as a single-site or multinational solution. For more information, go to www.componentcontrol.com.
Ametek’s Quantum Control MRO and Logistics solution, powered by the Max-Q OracleTM database, includes the following integrated business modules:
- AVREF Catalog System to provide the latest OEM pricing information along with access to Government MCRL cross-reference data.
- Shop Control, for managing the complete component and assembly repair and overhaul process.
- Contact Manager, a highly configurable CRM (Customer Relations Management) tool that is seamlessly integrated with Quantum Control's entire suite of modules.
- Event Manager for automated reporting, e-mailing and faxing to customers, suppliers and internal users.
- Repair Manual Tracking tracks all publications and revision dates and review dates, and integrates with Shop Control to provide specific manual requirements for individual work orders.
- Rental and Leasing module to manage rental and leasing transactions including flight-time based billing.
- Manufacturing Module to address all aspects of the manufacturing process including product lines, floor control, inspections, materials planning, purchasing and outside servicing.
- Warranty module to manage the tracking and status of incoming warranty claims from customers and outgoing claims to vendors.
- Lot Costing for accurate and proactive management of lot batches of inventory whether owned, consigned or profit shared, including Consignment Analysis Report which gives a detailed breakdown of all costs that go into a consignment payment calculation, and its profitability.
- Bar-code module provides real-time integration between Worth Data's proven RF scanning technology and Quantum's Inventory, Shop Control, Manufacturing, Physical Inventory and A/C Services modules.
- Integrated Accounting, which includes General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and more - all totally integrated with Sales, Purchasing, Repair, Exchange, Work Order and Invoicing modules.
- Integrated Document Imaging provides the ability to hold images or documents against part number, stock line, quote, sales order, repair order, work order, manufacturing order or company data.
Source : Component Control