Thales at Defexpo India 2012
A first rate partner for the Indian Forces, Thales will be exhibiting a wide range of equipment for Land, Naval and Air forces at Defexpo India 2012, in various fields such as Air Defence, Optronics and Communications. Come and meet us on the French Pavilion, stand 12.2L.
Thales, a global technology leader for the Defence, Security, Transportation, Aerospace and Space markets will participate in the 7th edition of Defexpo, India, held at Pragat Maidan, New Delhi, India from 29th March to 1st April 2012.
The Global Missiles and Missile Defense Systems Market 2014-2024
For more than 40 years, Thales has been developing, manufacturing and providing top of the line Air Defence Solutions for customers worldwide. During Defexpo, the group will demonstrate its capabilities in the field of Global Air Defence Solutions, Force Protection, Missile Systems and Rocket Systems by showcasing:
- SHIKRA 60: the tactical C2 to ensure a complete airspace surveillance of up to a range of 80 km and heterogeneous weapon systems coordination
- ADES: the ultimate all-in-one mobile Short Range Air Defence system
- Gun System: the latest generation Air defence Gun to defeat emerging low-cost targets
- SAMP/T: the European, in-service, Medium Range Air & Missile Defence solution
- LMM: the new family of Lightweight Multi-Role Missiles
- Laser Guided Rocket in 70mm calibre
A Press Briefing will be organised in order to present the Thales advanced Air Defence Solution on 30 March at 10:30 on the Thales Stand.
Thales develops a comprehensive range of optronic equipment aimed at evaluating critical situations at a tactical and strategic level. Thales is the European leader in night vision systems, whose equipments are used by tactical units, special forces and aircraft and helicopter pilots. On the booth, the following will be exhibited:
- Catherine XP, a Compact high-performance thermal imager
- Sophie XF, a Multifunction hand-held thermal imager with continuous optical zoom
- Helie, Helicopter Light Intensified equipment
- Damocles, a 3rd Generation multi-function Targeting pod
Communications are the backbone for modern Forces. They mainly rely on tactical radios where range, data rate, security and reliability are essential to support forces engaged in modern warfare.
Thales offers a comprehensive tactical radio portfolio covering armed forces needs from large networked command posts down to dismounted soldiers, providing multi-media operational services (voice, data, video, image, …) and ensuring security, survivability, mobility, interoperability and quality of service. We will present:
- Tactical radios including FlexNet One, LOS (TRC 4000), HF (TRC 3700), Starmille, Fastnet-Twin
As for identification systems, interoperability is key and Thales develops standards that ensure both NATO and non-NATO interoperability. The BlueGate IFF family provides a full range of identification products and systems for Air, Land, Naval and Joint Forces. The following products will be showcased :
- LORAD & V/SHORAD IFF Interrogators, airborne IFF, Combined Interrogator-Transponders & airborne IFF Transponders.
As for Naval Systems and Naval Electronic Warfare, Thales is at the forefront of developing new naval solutions to meet evolving operational and security challenges. The Group has been a long-term partner for more than 50 Navies worldwide, providing customers with innovating offerings, from system design to through-life support. During Defexpo, Thales will illustrate some of its know how in:
- Underwater Systems, including the Flash sonar mock up, a specialised surveillance and classification sonar for helicopters and USVs
- Above water Systems, including the SMART-L mock-up, an Extended Long Range radar
- Naval Electronic Warfare with Vigile LW, a Naval Radar Electronic Support Measures system to redefine situational awareness for small vessels.
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : Thales Group (Paris: HO.PA)
Feb 3 - 4, 2016 - London, United Kingdom