LM Offers On-Demand Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Service
- Through Net Dragon, Lockheed Martin Speeds Delivery of Today's ISR Capabilities
To meet the immediate needs of customers who require intelligence aircraft or ground systems to support missions for a short period of time, Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) is providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance to order. Broadening its Dragon series of ISR configurations introduced last year, Lockheed Martin is expanding Net Dragon, which offers any Dragon ISR option to customers as a contracted service.
"Security budgets are decreasing, yet the demand for ISR remains constant," said Jim Quinn, vice president of C4ISR Systems with Lockheed Martin IS&GS-Defense. "With Net Dragon, we're able to provide the ISR capability customers need, without them having to incur the expense of owning the assets."
Global Fixed Satellite Service (FSS) Market 2014-2018
Lockheed Martin's Dragon ISR configurations offer a unique approach for customers to match mission requirements and budget to sensor, communications and airframe needs. Dragon sensor configurations are customized according to a customer's mission requirements and are net-centric capable to enable Joint and Coalition interoperability. Cost and capability vary depending on the chosen configuration. Net Dragon allows customers to bring ISR capabilities to a region quickly and at an affordable cost.
Through this innovative contractor owned, contractor operated concept, Net Dragon customers select a Dragon configuration, which Lockheed Martin then tailors to meet the specified mission needs. Lockheed Martin then maintains and operates the needed ISR equipment, while providing the ISR capability to the customer. Different levels of operation are available. When customers are prepared to assume full control of operations, Lockheed Martin offers a transition from a contractor operated service to a customer owned system. For a Net Dragon service, customers may select any of Lockheed Martin's Dragon ISR options:
- Dragon Scout™ -- These configurations are based on large business jet type platforms; equipped with an extensive suite of ISR systems. Dragon Scout is ideal for customers with enduring requirements and large geographic areas of interest.
- Dragon Shield™ -- Dragon Shield is ideal for customers who need an aircraft that can perform multiple missions, such as airlift and reconnaissance. Dragon Shield offers a flexible ISR mission system that can be either encased into trailer-like containers or configured onto pallets that can be rolled on and off cargo aircraft.
- Dragon Star™ -- Lockheed Martin's Airborne Multi-Intelligence Laboratory (AML) falls within the Dragon Star category, which addresses requirements for mid-range multi-intelligence platforms such as the Gulfstream III, Havilland D-8 or Beechcraft 350. Any of these types of aircraft can be equipped with a variety of sensor combinations and multiple communications systems configured for a particular mission.
- Dragon Stare™ -- Through Dragon Stare, Lockheed Martin integrates sensor systems into aircraft or into pods attached to the exterior aircraft structure. This option is available for manned and unmanned platforms.
- Dragon Den™ -- Dragon Den ISR ground processing stations offers customers a way to process and distribute their sensor information. Dragon Den configurations vary in size, and can be as small as a computer workstation or as large as a ground system in a trailer-like shelter.
Source : Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT)