CamelBak Supplies Hydration System for New USMC Pack System
CamelBak® Products, LLC, announced today that it is the supplier of the Hydration System for the new USMC pack system. Scheduled to be delivered in 2012, the new Mil Spec Antidote reservoirs are specifically built to accommodate all potential Marine-use scenarios in training and combat operations.
A long-time supplier of military-ready hydration systems to all branches of the U.S. military and federal government, including U.S. Army Special Forces and U.S. Navy Special Warfare Command, CamelBak conducted extensive laboratory tests and accumulated significant feedback from military personnel in the field before creating a new reservoir that meets all specifications identified by the USMC in its search for the optimal hydration system.
Global Man-portable Communication Systems Market 2016-2020
In addition to supplying the hydration system component of the USMC pack, CamelBak will also provide replacement hydration systems showcasing its leadership as the inventor and leader of the hydration category. CamelBak will launch a line of packs that are built around the Mil Spec Antidote reservoir as early as May 2012.
“We design, engineer, test and manufacture our reservoirs and hydration systems to perform in the most challenging environments in the world,” said Sally McCoy, CEO of CamelBak. “Water is an essential piece of gear and the Mil Spec Antidote delivers the ultimate solution for hydrating on the move faster, easier and more aligned with a warfighter’s needs.”
The CamelBak Mil Spec Antidote hydration system will be supplied by USMC Pack Prime Contractors Eagle Industries Unlimited and Propper International, Inc.
The new Antidote reservoir optimizes performance through a multitude of new features:
- Ergonomically designed to fit with any armor vest, including USMC Scalable Plate Carrier (SPC), Modular Tactical Vest (MTV), Improved Modular Tactical Vest (IMTV) – and will fit the United States Army Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV).
- Fits in any pack suite, including the USMC pack suite hydration carrier, hydration pouch or when inserted in any pack components.
- Redesigned Fill Port: Widest external opening on the market for easy addition of ice and cleaning with a cap that easily opens and locks closed with a simple quarter turn.
- Quick Link™ Exit Port: Auto shut-off when tube is removed and allows for plug and play with various accessories.
- QL HydroLock™: Provides a single handed operation shut off while providing versatility through access to accessories. Engineered to prevent accidental dislodging in locked position.
- Big Bite™ Valve: The patented and proven self-sealing Big Bite Valve has no moving parts, which provides a high flow rate for drink-and-drop hydration easy sipping on the move.
- Constructed using the strongest materials and components in the industry – including a radio frequency welded seal for durability and strength – the Mil Spec Antidote is tested in the on-site CamelBak lab under extreme conditions.
Current military and law enforcement branches using CamelBak hydration systems include individuals and units in all U.S. military services, federal tactical units in most DHS agencies, Naval Special Warfare, U.S. Army Special Forces and other military special operations units worldwide.*
* This statement does not imply an endorsement by any DoD agency. Military Personnel are always encouraged to validate official approvals for use with their respective agencies. Contact CamelBak® for more details.
Source : CamelBak