Raytheon Awarded USD 122M for Standard Missile-3
- Contract will fund continued development and testing
The contract was announced Dec. 22 by the Department of Defense.
Global Missile Market 2015-2019
- Raytheon's SM-3s are designed to defend against short- to intermediate-range ballistic missile threats in the ascent and midcourse phases of flight.
- SM-3 Block IA is Raytheon's first variant in the SM-3 family; it is deployed today in support of the first phase of the administration's Phased Adaptive Approach (PAA) for ballistic missile defense.
- Raytheon has delivered more than 130 SM-3 Block IAs ahead of schedule and under cost.
- The SM-3 Block IB is Raytheon's second variant in the SM-3 family.
- The SM-3 Block IB has an enhanced kinetic warhead seeker, throttleable divert and attitude control system, and advanced signal processing.
- Raytheon's SM-3 Block IB is the cornerstone of phase two of the administration's PAA and is on track for a 2015 deployment at sea and ashore.
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : Raytheon Corporation (NYSE: RTN)
Feb 23 - 25, 2016 - London, United Kingdom