Boeing Receives Contract for 1st Major Upgrades to Malaysian Hornets
- Upgrades will deliver enhanced capability for Royal Malaysian Air Force fleet to remain effective, interoperable with allies and operationally relevant
- Contract covers navigation, targeting and situational awareness enhancements and associated training for RMAF maintenance and air crews
The contract covers design, development and installation of retrofit kits that will provide enhanced navigation, targeting and situational awareness. The upgrade program includes:
Global Cyber Security Market 2013-2023
- A color, moving-map cockpit display
- Identification Friend or Foe Interrogation capabilities
- Addition of the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System
- Maintenance and air crew training for these systems.
"These upgrades will deliver enhanced capability for the RMAF fleet to remain effective, interoperable with allies and operationally relevant for years to come," said Julie Praiss, Boeing Global Services & Support director of Tactical Aircraft & Weapons Support. "Boeing looks forward to our continued partnership with the Royal Malaysian Air Force and the U.S. Navy to ensure that these F/A-18Ds continue to serve Malaysia's strike and interdiction mission needs."
The upgrades also make the RMAF's F/A-18Ds more compatible with the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, which Boeing is offering to meet Malaysia's Multi-Role Combat Aircraft needs.
The government of Malaysia ordered eight F/A-18D Hornets in 1993. Since delivering all aircraft on schedule in 1997, Boeing has been providing sustainment support for the fleet at the RMAF base in Butterworth, Malaysia. These support programs include engineering and logistics support, pilot training and technical publications.
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA)
Mar 23 - 25, 2016 - London, United Kingdom
Jan 25 - 28, 2016 - San Diego, United States
Dec 8 - 9, 2015 - Washington, United States