Israel - C-130J-30 Aircraft(Washington, July 30, 2008) -- - The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress of a possible Foreign Military Sale to Israel of C-130J-30 Aircraft as well as associated equipment and services. The total value, if all options are exercised, could be as high as $1.9 billion.
The Government of Israel has requested a possible sale of:
The Global Counter IED Market 2012-2022
- 9 Lockheed Martin C-130J-30 United States Air Force (USAF) baseline aircraft including USAF baseline equipment and Block 7.0 Software
- 6 Rolls Royce AE 2100D3 spare engines 9 AN/AAR-47 Missile Warning Systems (includes three spares)
- 9 AN/ALR-56M Advanced Radar Warning Receivers (includes three spares)
- 9 AN/ALE-47 Counter-Measures Dispensing Systems (includes three spares)
- 9 AN/AAQ-22 Star SAFIRE III Special Operations Suites (includes three spares)
- 4 spare AN/ARC-210 Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio Systems (SINCGARS)
- 10 spare Secure Voice Very High Frequency/Ultra High Frequency Radios
- 4 spare Secure Voice High Frequency Radios
- 3 spare AN/AAR-222 SINCGARS and Key Gen (KV-10) Systems
- 1 KIV-119 Non-standard Communication/COMSEC equipment
- 2 ARC-210 Non-standard Communication/COMSEC equipment
- 10 External Pylons and Fuel Tanks
- 5 Internal Israeli Tank Modification Kits
Also included are spare and repair parts, configurations updates, communications security equipment and radios, integration studies, support equipment, aircraft ferry and tanker support, repair and return, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics personnel services, and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $1.9 billion.
Israel's strategic position makes it vital to the United States' interests throughout the Middle East. Our policy has been to promote Middle East peace, support the Israeli commitment to peace with other regional Arab countries, enhance regional stability, and promote Israeli readiness and self-sufficiency. It is vital to the U.S. national interests to assist Israel to develop and maintain a strong and ready self-defense capability. This proposed sale is consistent with those objectives.
The proposed sale will enhance the foreign policy and national security objectives of the U.S. by providing the Israeli Government with a credible special operations airlift capability that will deter aggression in the region, provide humanitarian airlift capability, and ensure interoperability with U.S. forces in coalition operations.
Your company’s press release on ASDNews and to thousands of other journalists and editors? Use our ASDWire press release distribution service.
Source : US Defense Security Cooperation Agency